Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dazed and confused

Last night JP and I had just finished eating when Elliot dropped by. He hugged me, tighter than usual, and apologized for his quick departure from lunch the other day. I told him it was okay. I mean I do know how it is when work calls. JP invited him to join us for some wine. As I was in the process of getting the drinks they went outside. I have no idea what they talked about. When they came back in Elliot had decided to forego the wine. He hugged me again and told me I should tell JP how I feel. "I can't Elliot."
After he left JP seemed to be upset. He wouldn't look at me.
"What's wrong?"
I don't want to talk about it.
"Did you two have a fight?"
I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.
"Okay, calm down. We won't talk about it." This was the first time I have heard him raise his voice in anger. I'll be honest, it scared me a little. We sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity, I think it was probably no more than about five minutes. "JP, I there is something I need to tell you."
He looked up and said Don't bother. I'm sure I already know what it is. With that he gathered his things and left, slamming the door on the way out.
I spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what happened. I tried to call him this morning. He didn't answer so I left a message. He hasn't returned my call. I tried to call Elliot too but he was out on a call.

No comments: