Sunday, April 23, 2006

The phone call

"Hello, This is Barek...Hello?"
Um, Carolyn?
"Yes"
This is Munch.
"Uh huh"
Don't hang up.
"I'm not quite THAT rude. What can I do for you?"
I, uh, just wanted to tell you something.
"I'm listening."
I was upset, so I got drunk...and...she didn't mean anything to me...I don't even know her name.
"That supposed to make me feel better?"
No, I don't guess it would. I just wanted to let you know.
"Okay, now I know."
I wasn't upset with you, I was just upset.
*SILENCE* (Not a lot I could say to that)
Are you still there?
"Yes."
I did try to call you first, but the line was busy.
"So this is my fault?"
That's not what I meant. It's just...I've been hurt real bad in the past and I have these trust issues.
"Yeah, me too. Great job helping me overcome them." (Yeah I know, that was probably a bit cold.)
*His turn to be silent*
"You know John, it wasn't me."
What are you talking about?
"Whoever hurt you before, it wasn't me."
I know that.
"Really? Because it feels like I'm being punished for someone else's mistakes. "
I..uh...
"I got to go."
Oh, okay...Um Carolyn?
"Yeah?"
I'm sorry.
*Click*



On a positive note, with all this nonsense going on I was able to put that whole Lydia/Robbie thing out of my mind. Come to think of it, Robbie got hurt because he trusted the wrong person too. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading out for something to drink. Maybe I can find some young, hot male with no name.

4 comments:

Carolyn Barek said...

George-Thanks, but talking to him will not change what happened.

Carolyn Barek said...

My dear child, I never said I didn't make mistakes and I wasn't blaming anyone. I was sharing the conversation as it happened.

NemesisNicole said...

Since you are so familiar with voodoo, couldn't you just make Lydia disappear? And please don't use it on me. I still have a score to settle with Bobby. =)

As for Munch, once a cheater, always a cheater. But payback is fun - go cheat on him. See how he likes it. =)

Carolyn Barek said...

George-I'd rather not see anyone beg, it is a sign of weakness.

Nicole-Lydia will be away for a long time without any VooDoo help from me. And I think you get into enough weirdness without VooDoo. Cheating is not my style. It will be okay though, I promise.