Thursday, April 20, 2006

Munch shared something with me today.

He told me about a reporter he had really cared about several years ago. She had been raped and he worked her case. Apparently they got pretty close. Then before the case went to court, she was murdered. I could tell it hurt him to talk about it. I felt so bad. It must be awful to lose someone like that. He said it was the first time he had really talked about it since it happened. I'm still not sure why he decided to tell me, but I'm glad he did.

5 comments:

Axe said...

You must feel honored about his confiding in you. It's a sign that you are one of life's fortresses to others!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This was a difficult case for all involved but especially for John. A deep level of trust developed between the two of them, and he really wanted to help her. It's good that he was able to talk to you about it. Her death was very tragic, but her courage was an inspiration. That's how she needs to be remembered.

Carolyn Barek said...

Axe-I do feel honored that he confided in me.
one of life's fortresses to others
Thank you.

Elliot-He said it was a difficult case for the entire unit.
her courage was an inspiration
That is how he felt too. I wish I could have met her.

Sara said...

Munch and Carolyn sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

Lol, awww, thye Munchman is opening up.

Carolyn Barek said...

Janice & Sara-Thanks you two. ;)