Sunday, April 23, 2006

My heroes...

... are Elliot and George. They were so nice to me last night. Both offered to come by if I wanted them too. It was a sweet of them, but I decided that probably wasn't such a good idea**. Elliot listened to me whine over the phone and George left about 10 messages. (Yes, I did return his calls.) I didn't have the ingredients for Irish Coffee or a Taz drink and I ran out of ice cream around midnight. I ended up watching one of The Lord of the Rings DVDs. Return of the King to be exact. It is my favorite in the trilogy. Aragorn is very nice looking! Of course I am no longer able to watch anything with a sword in it without thinking about Elliot's "big ass" sword. Which was a good thing last night because it made me feel better.
I'll be okay. It may take a few days, but I will get through this!

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
So true because I had the opportunity to see how caring some of the guys can be.

**To be clear: It wasn't that I minded them dropping by, but John was already upset with me and I figured me spending the evening alone with two unmarried men would not help the situation. However, had I known then what I know now, I would have let them come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have the ingredients for Irish Coffee.

Wish I hadn't. I couldn't sleep off the effects of the whiskey because of the coffee. I finally crashed yesterday afternoon.

had I known then what I know now, I would have let them come.

Considering my coffee-induced, slightly drunk, hyeractive state, I probably wouldn't have been much good to you anyway.

Carolyn Barek said...

I probably wouldn't have been much good to you anyway.

Oh I don't know, a coffee-induced, slightly drunk, hyperactive Elliot might have been very entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know, a coffee-induced, slightly drunk, hyperactive Elliot might have been very entertaining.

Perhaps.

Carolyn Barek said...

Just perhaps? Don't you get goofy when you're slightly drunk & hyper? ;) Or do you get mean? Because if you get mean then I'm glad you didn't stop by.

Anonymous said...

When I drink too much, yes, I am goofy. When I'm hyper, I clean everything in sight. So-you would have had the equivalent of a goofy maid on your hands. AND-before you ask, no I don't wear an apron. BTW-you seem in better spirits today, I'm glad.

Carolyn Barek said...

Crap you mean I could have gotten my place cleaned? Next time you are in the hyper-cleaning mode, feel free to stop by.
before you ask, no I don't wear an apron.
What about a French Maid outfit? Because I would pay top dollar for that!
Not really in better spirits, more like found some better spirits ;)

Anonymous said...

What about a French Maid outfit? Because I would pay top dollar for that!

Now there is an image no one needed.

Not really in better spirits, more like found some better spirits

Seriously, be careful.

I need to get back to work. All this mirth is getting me funny looks.

Carolyn Barek said...

Yeah, now that I've thought about it, you in a French Maid outfit would probably NOT be pretty. I'll think of something else.

Seriously, be careful.
No worries darling, I am always careful.

I was just making a joke about the spirits thing. I am in better spirits, thanks.