Monday, April 03, 2006

Let's see now...

D&D is set in a fantasy world... Well that is kind of obvious.
Swords instead of guns...horses instead of cars... Ok makes sense. Speaking of swords, I wonder how big Stabler's "big-ass sword" really is.
Daggers, quarterstaff??
Chain mail?
Is that like a letter asking you to make 100 copies & mail them to your friends?
Leather armor... Sounds kinky, explains Logan's interest.
Darkblade...Thaddeus...Niles Wasn't he Frasier Crane's brother?
I wonder who the Dungeon Master is when they play?
Scriptorium??

I don't think I will ever understand this. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to join their game afterall. I was kind of looking forward to hanging with the GEEK Squad da boyz.

In other news:
1. I was able to confirm the stains the big bad dork Logan left on my desk were in fact all food. Yes, I did have it tested for biological material. And IIIIII donnnnn't whiiiiiiine, take it baaaack or III'mmm telllling...
2. Harper is a neat guy. (Does that sound dorky?) If you haven't met him you really should. Little tip though, do NOT take him any red jello and more importantly: NEVER say anything negative about The Great Bearded One.
3. Stabler is a lot less high strung than I thought. Uh, no offense intended there Elliot, but you know you can be kind of intimidating.
4. Olivia has a cute picture of the baby up.

I think that covers everything for now. Guess I better get back to learning what these weird looking dice are used for.

8 comments:

Nomi said...

Sooo... Where Harper is concerned, you're saying I should never express the opinion that Chuck Norris is an egotistical martial arts wannabe...?
(Oops, did I say that out loud?)
*cough*
Sorry, Harper, but Chuck Norris eats Jet Li's dust. But I did like him in Walker, Texas Ranger. Sort of.

Carolyn, you'd be a brave, brave woman to venture into the guys' fantasy world. Tread carefully, we wouldn't want to lose you...

Anonymous said...

I wonder how big Stabler's "big-ass sword" really is.

If you behave, I might let you hold it sometime.

Nomi said...

Now there's an image none of us needed. *rolls eyes*

Nomi said...

Duly noted, Doc. Don't know what's wrong with me today. I didn't think I was feeling especially suicidal... LOL Maybe it's just standard 'foot in mouth' disease.

Carolyn Barek said...

Nomi-I'm not afraid to venture into the guys' geek, uh I meant fantasy world.
Elliot-Promise?
George-No, we don't need to clarify. It is more fun if we don't.

Carolyn Barek said...

Janice-Welcome back!!
Millie-Welcome back! You got lucky not having to analyze that mess!

MartyF said...

Who's the Great Bearded One?

A. Orson Welles
B. Santa Claus
C. Sebastian Cabot
D. Colonel Sanders

Carolyn Barek said...

Marty-
E. None of the above!

The Great Bearded One is Chuck Norris!