Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dinner

Where do you want to eat?
"I don't care. Any combination Italian/Sushi places around? Don't roll your eyes at me. Ehh, forget it. Let's have Mexican, we'll celebrate Cinco De Mayo early."
Sounds good.
After we get there and get our food, Mike is very, very quiet. Which is odd for him. Kind of disturbing even.
"Something Wrong?"
He didn't want to talk, he wanted to listen, But of course I was in no mood for talking either. I was concerned because of the weirder than usual behavior.
Maybe I have been acting weirder lately, I have stuff on my mind. So how are things with the Munch?
"Oh real funny MIKEY. He's YOUR best friend, you know exactly how things are going. Men!"
He SAID he hadn't talked to Munch or a lot of people in a while.
"So Alex dumped you, huh?"
I dunno. Maybe. I guess. We haven't talked in a while.
To me that doesn't sound very good. "You haven't talked to your partner, best friend or girlfriend? You hanging with a bad crowd?"
He laughed and started making fun of me going bowling. "Bowling is fun! Don't knock till you've tried it with me! But don't change the subject. What's going on with you? Who did you sleep with that you weren't supposed to?"
He looked totally shocked and guilty at that.
Why the hell would you say that?
"Umm women's intuition? Or the fact that I was a freaking FBI profiler? Men are pigs."
He said he wasn't a pig then asked if I had played some game he found online. He kept trying to change the subject, even asked me how George was. I answered all his questions.
"So was it anyone I know or was it one of those street scags?"
She was not! I mean, what the hell are you on about?
"SSooooooeeeyyyy! Here piggy piggy."
Smacks his head on the table. It's not like that. Geeez
"MEN.ARE.SWINE! So why don't you tell me what it was like then sir oinks-a-lot?"
Oh. MY. GOD.
First off, you don't even know anything happened? And what has Alex said to you anyway?

I assured him I hadn't talked to Alex and apologized for my comment.
"I'm sorry. Maybe I'm a little bitter about men what with that whole Munch thing. And the fact that I was flirting like crazy with another detective and they weren't interested. So tell me what didn't happen then."
That started several minutes of whining for me to tell him which detective I was referring to.
Fine. So you won't tell me.
Ok
Good
Fine
That's cool
It was Stabler?

"You are such a baby. Pout a wittle more and maybe I'll tell you. Then again, I probably won't.
You slept with that tech Millie, from SVU didn't you?"
::bugs eyes::
He wouldn't give any details. Just kept on about Stabler. I reminded him he was the one who said he owed me an explanation or six.
I meant....I just haven't been around. Stuff on my mind, that's all.
Stabler, hunh?

I'm sure he didn't have to tell me he hadn't been around. "I was the one looking for you, I kind of knew where you weren't. So you didn't want to talk about the stuff on your mind? She's not pregnant is she? What about Stabler?"
Who's not what?
What IS it with you?
And I meant Stabler's the guy with the flirting, right?

"Just checking. Seeing if you were really listening. You do have that glazed over look, again. But if you haven't actually done anything you're just considering it, think with the brain part of your body, not the other parts. That's it, I won't mention it again, unless you ask.
I know what you meant about Stabler. Unfortunately he's kind of taken now isn't he?"

We went on like this for the rest of the meal. So what did I learn? Absolutely nothing. I know less now than when we started. The dinner raised more questions than answers. But at least it got me out of the house for a night and he did pay. Considering all I went through at work since he ditched, I think he owes me a few hundred more meals.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nomi said...

Wow. We're entering into a whole 'soap opera' style scenario here. Who's sleeping with who, and who's flirting with who...?

Carolyn Barek said...

Janice-Good to see you again. I know, he'll talk when he darn well feels like it.
Nomi-Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our squads.
Nothing wrong with a little harmless flirting though, right?

Nomi said...

LOL! Days of Our Squads. Nice one.

And no, nothing wrong with that at all. As long as there is no misunderstanding with either party involved.

Carolyn Barek said...

Nomi-Glad you liked that!