Sunday, May 07, 2006

Elliot, Orlando, Kathleen, and me

Let's see: clothes are out of the floor (for once); dishes are clean (I didn't know I had that many); floor has been swept (oh, so that wasn't just part of the pattern); I got ice and sodas. I know he's going to forget the ice cream I should've just went and got it myself. Oh, that must be them...

"Birthday Cake Ice Cream? Are you kidding me?" Elliot went on about how I should be willing to try something different. "I knew I should've gotten it myself."
The look Kathleen gave him was priceless. She really is just like him.
She and I had a nice conversation, about nothing and everything. I remember that age, it's rough even in the best of circumstances. I can't imagine what it would've been like with a divorce to deal with too. I've always thought it would've been nice to have someone who would talk and listen without trying to tell me what to do. Talking with a parent or an older sibling is just different. It's hard to explain what I mean. I know what I'm talking about though and so does Kathleen. She's a good kid. I told her she could call if she needed someone to talk to or if she just wanted to hang out.
"Good thing the movie is over, your dad doesn't look like he feels too well." I thanked them for coming and Kathleen and I hugged goodbye. Judging by the look on his face, I guessed this was something out of character for her. We agreed to get together again sometime.
He called me after they got home. I couldn't understand all of what he said, but I did get that he was thankful.
I watched the movie after they left, it was very good. He was right about all the swords, they were impressive. It did get rather bloody at times, nothing unbearable though. Orlando looked good in it but I still like him better in Pirates.

3 comments:

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks George, where the heck have you been?

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks Janice!
You can't understand the Orlando thing? I can't understand what the whole gaga thing over a certain person I work with. ;) TO each his own I guess.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»