Sunday, July 23, 2006

I went by to see the baby last night. As expected he was adorable. Liv looked tired but that was expected too. I remember how it was when my sister first had a baby. Sleepless nights, crying for no reason...and that wasn't even the baby. When her kids were little I swear they were allergic to silk because everytime I had a silk shirt on they got sick on me.
It was nice to get out and visit with Eli, Liv, and Elliot. I had to go to the store first and pick up some ice cream since I didn't have any at the house to take with me. I surprised Elliot by getting that nasty Birthday Cake flavor...yuck...I also got them a box of Ding-Dongs. It was a good time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comfort food. Hmm.

Andrew McAllister said...

In my experience, the more expensive the shirt, the higher the magnetic attraction to baby spit-up :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh good, another shrink for us to drive crazy. Welcome Andrew.
( Fading to maniac laughter.)

Carolyn-Was great seeing you and the baby together. Can you say babysit? Kidding. Thanks for the Ice Cream and Ding Dongs. I didn't need to cook breakfast this morning.

Carolyn Barek said...

Riccie-Is there any other kind!? :)
Andrew-Thanks for dropping by. I agree with you, glad I'm not the only one who feels that way!
Elliot-Us crive someone crazy? Surely not! hahahahaha
I'd love to babysit. Sometime in between working everyday, trying to maintain a healthy relationship, which isn't going very well by the way, and I really got to think about cleaning house soon and laundry, and the heat has already killed my garden, and...what was the question?

Anonymous said...

OK you don't have to babysit if you promise to tell me what's going on with you and McCoy. Do I need to step in? Sorry about your garden, I know that probably upsets you more than anything-you little Garden Pixie.

Carolyn Barek said...

Seriously, I don't mind babysitting, I was being a bit of a drama llama with that other comment. I'm really good with kids. I spoil them nicely.
Do I need to step in?
Aww, you'd do that for me? You are such the sweetheart. You know how much we work? Well he works more than that and it is rather difficult to have much of a relationship when we never get to see each other...and I get frustrated easily because I have had such terrible luck in the past and goodness knows I'm not getting any younger...and what was the question? :)
Is it weird that I consider you one of my best friends?

Anonymous said...

I would think it weird if you DIDN'T consider me one of your best friends!

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks Elliot. There was a reason behind my asking but now that I've thought about it, it was stupid.