Sunday, November 12, 2006

The night the Earth stood still

Our meal with Elliot and Liv went better than I expected. I don't know what I was so worried about. I got to play with Eli. This was the most time I had spent with him and I loved it . He is a very good kid. Almost made me want to have one. JP seemed to enjoy playing with him too.
We had lasagna, one of my all time favorites. Elliot cooked, yes he really can cook. The food was wonderful. It was nice to spend time over there and not feel uncomfortable or out of place. I know I shouldn't be that way, but I am what I am.
Elliot said he was happy for me, I don't think he meant it, but he was trying. By the end of the evening I think he had warmed up to JP. Why wouldn't he? JP is terrific. He is smart, funny, good looking and he is easy to talk to. After we left he (JP) told me how much fun he had and how much he liked my friends. He even suggested we return the favor one day. What a great guy. I never thought I would find someone else I could talk to and depend on.

4 comments:

Ames said...

Oh, Cairo, yay! I'm so happy for you!! And jealous, but mostly happy! Yay!

:-)

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks! For the happy part, not the jealousy. :)

Ames said...

Yeah, I really am happy for you that it's going so well. Keep us informed!

:-)

Nomi said...

Wow. A guy who likes kids, is friendly, smart, attractive, gracious... You landed gold, girl!!!