Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cookie Duster

"I don't know if this is such a good idea. I want you to meet them but, I just don't know."
Oh, it will be fine. I promise I'll be good.
"It's not you I'm worried about."
What do you mean?
"Huh, oh nothing."
I didn't realize I said that out loud. JP and I are going to eat at Elliot and Liv's tonight. I told them I would bring cookies. I made peanut butter and chocolate chip ones. I hope they like them.
"I hope you like them."
The cookies or your friends?
"Both. Either. Whichever."
I'm sure I'll love them. The cookies because you made them. Your friends because you like them and that is good enough for me.
"What a sweet thing to say."
What are you so worried about?
"Nothing. Everything. It's just Elliot and I are very close. We helped each other through some very dark times. I just...It's nothing, I'm just being silly. We'll have a great time. Thanks for being okay with going."
Think nothing of it. I've been looking forward to meeting them.

1 comment:

Nomi said...

Oh, this guys sounds sweet.