Sunday, September 10, 2006

Spock, Elrond and Elliot?

I was able to find that jacuzzi and it was very relaxing, at least while I was in it. Unfortunately that was a very short-lived feeling. When I got back to my empty house, reality set in again. I was well on my way to getting depressed when there was a knock at the door. I wonder who that could be? I'm not expecting anyone. I took a second to pull myself together and opened the door. It was Elliot. What was he doing here? He asked if I had coffee. "I didn't know you were stopping by." He apologized for not calling first and said he could come back later if it was a bad time. I assured him it was okay but that I wouldn't be the best company. He understood. After I put the coffee on we talked about how difficult it was knowing whether a decision was the right one or not. I'm still not sure but there is no turning back now. We talked about me spending more time with him, Liv and Eli. They know I have been busy lately, thank goodness, otherwise I would have to try and explain the real reason I haven't visited them more often. I'll tell him one day but not now, it might make things different and I have enough changes going on right now. I sat in the floor while he went to fix our drinks. He always makes them stronger than I do which was a good thing last night. He sat down beside me as he handed me a drink. It was good. I didn't want to talk about me and he didn't want to talk about him. That is when things got weird. I had been watching a special about the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek so I suggested talking about who was more powerful-Vulcans or the Elves from Tolkein's books. Things get fuzzy after that. I vaguely remember him kissing my forehead as he was leaving. Of course that could have been an Irish coffee induced dream. Uh-oh, I think I called him "El". He hates being called that. Oops! Anyway, I woke up this morning with a headache and a little soreness from sleeping on the couch so I am turning the phones off and going back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better!!

Carolyn Barek said...

Ah yeah, I will survive! Thanks again!

Nomi said...

Considering the circumstances, I'm sure Elliot wouldn't mind what you called him. :)