Saturday, September 23, 2006

I hate nights like tonight.

I ate WAY too much chocolate so I can't sleep. As I wander around my quiet house I am reminded how alone I feel. During the day I stay busy enough that it doesn't bother me, but the night, the night is another story. I really thought my life would be different than it is now. Not exactly sure how, just know I thought it would be different. I was never one that subscribed to the belief that you should get married right after school and live happily ever after. I always thought it was better to have a life between leaving your parent's and getting married. Which I did, but somewhere along the way I forgot to take the time to find the one. I guess I got too caught up in the career mode and failed to focus on the personal life. So here I sit, alone on yet another Friday night trying to decide where I went wrong. I've had dates and men I really liked. I mean liked well enough to want to make a life together but something always goes wrong. I'm not sure if men are intimidated by my job or if I am just not a likeable person. Not as in liked as a friend, but liked in that deeper intimate way.
Okay, I probably shouldn't write when I'm in this kind of mood. I need to find something to counteract the over dose of caffeine. Good thing I'm not on call anymore. And while I'm on that topic, I still don't know if I made the right choice, but there is no turning back now. Anyway, I need to go now.

8 comments:

Ames said...

Aw, Cairo!

Well, you're hyped on chocolate, I'm sitting here eating a two-day old Frosty... We need a night on the town!

:-)

Carolyn Barek said...

Frostys are good no matter how many days old they are! A night on the town? Nah, those rarely work for me. Often they make it worse.

Ames said...

Oh Cairo, aw! I'm sorry. In that case, Ben & Jerry's?

Carolyn Barek said...

Ahh yes! Ben & Jerry, two of my favorite people!

Ames said...

Dude, they're totally my heroes. Especially the New York Double Fudge Chunk something or other... You know the one I'm talking about. I think I butchered the name. Oooooh and Karmel Sutra!!! Oh man, my mouth is watering!

hockeyman said...

ya know... you coulda married a fella at 22 and on Friday night he could be watching sports and you could be bored to tears in the other room...

and you wouldn't have that great career and all of the those crazy friends to fall back on...

smile ...soon hockey will be back

Carolyn Barek said...

Ames-Yes I know. I had to go buy some after I read your last comment!
Hockey-Well I like sports so I wouldn't be bored to tears in the next room but I get your point. Thanks!

Nomi said...

Don't apologise for writing when you're feeling down. We all need to vent every now and then. I sympathise, very much.
And I found a replacement for the dodgy walnut-encrusted ice cream - Chocolate Honey Nougat!!! Very nice....