Sunday, September 24, 2006

Emotional weekend

Friday night was obviously bad. One of those nights that I felt too lonely. This whole career change has taken its toll on me, worse than I had expected. This weekend also marks the anniversary of when a childhood friend of mine was killed. There was an accident where he worked and he didn't make it. We had been very close for years so naturally this weekend is always a rollercoaster of emotions. I remember the crazy things we did and it makes me laugh. We had lost touch the last few years of his life. I saw him about a month before it happened. It was the first time I had seen him in years, we talked for a few minutes about old times. He asked if I wanted to go see a movie with him that night. For whatever reason I couldn't go so I had to tell him no. We made plans to get together another time. The next time I saw him was at the funeral. Actually I didn't even see him then, it was closed casket. It bothers me that I wasn't able to go see that movie with him, even now I can't watch the movie he wanted me to go see.
Anyway, enough of that.

5 comments:

Ames said...

Cairo, I'm sorry to hear that.

:-(

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks Ames.

Nomi said...

I'm sorry, too. Memories can be very hard to cope with. It's harsh to lose a good friend in any circumstance, let alone a tragic one like that.

Feel free to vent all you like, and that offer to email/talk goes both ways. :)

Maria said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I believe you should watch it. Try sensing what he did when he watched it . Just to help be get over this and picture his expressions as the movie goes on. That's just what I'd do. Hope you'll feel better no matter what. >:D<

Carolyn Barek said...

Nomi-Thank you very much. I may take you up on that!

Maria-Thanks, and you know, I never thought about it like that. I SHOULD watch it because we liked the same things so I really could picture his reaction to certain things. Thanks for dropping by too!