Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sometimes in life, you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life
just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh
until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe
that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you
that there really is an unlocked door
just waiting for you to open it.


I wonder why it is seems so simple to fix other people's problems and so difficult to fix my own? Maybe it is all about perspective. I guess because it's easier to see the whole picture when it is someone else's problem?
Elliot for instance, can always makes me feel better about the things I'm going through. Even if only for a while. I hope the reverse is also true, that I make him feel better. It just floors me that he can be so insecure. I mean look at him: He is ALWAYS there when I need him. He is very smart, funny, and...at the risk of giving him a big head...he is very attractive. So why does he have such a hard time believing that Liv loves him and isn't going anywhere? Past demons I suppose. Once bitten, twice shy? For some reason I am always amazed when I see men struggling with self-esteem issues almost as much as I struggle with them.
I also wonder why the first thing the guys thought when I told them we needed to talk was "Are you pregnant?" Get real guys, if that was the case I'm sure I would need to tell someone else before I told you two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't quite know what to say except maybe:
Si cet étaient le mien, je devrais me tuer.

Carolyn Barek said...

That would be a HUGE problem all the way around so I would probably keep that information to myself.

Chloe' Gardner said...

It's ok Carolyn... I think it's always easier to fix someone else than it is ourselves. If we're helping someone else, then we don't have to worry so much about who we are, and what's wrong in our lives.

Anonymous said...

We were both joking, right?

Carolyn Barek said...

Chloe'-Thanks, that's one of the reasons I try to help others. Very nice to see you again too!

Elliot-je ne peux pas parler pour vous, mais je plaisantais.