Friday, August 25, 2006

Lessons in leadership

Or more aptly: Four hours of my life I'll never get back.
I was deep in thought ,trying to remember what possessed me to sign up for one of these things, when I felt someone sit next to me. I didn't look up because I wasn't really in the mood for meeting new people. Then I hear Let's get out of here. I jumped and turned to give this bold person a piece of my mind and was pleasntly surpirsed to see Elliot. He is the last person I expected to see here. I jokingly asked if he signed up for it because I KNOW he NEVER attends these things. I signed up before my decision to leave MCS. I attended anyway to get away from my desk for awhile. I was glad Elliot was there, even if he got me in trouble. I thought we were going to get sent to the principal's office for passing notes. And for the record the rookie did NOT ask me out. He asked if he needed to throw us out. Apparently he cared about the 14 points of quality leadership a lot more than we did. Finally it was over and we went to get a cup of coffee or 20 because we were like Night of the Living Dead after that session. We caught up on things. He told me how the kids were and how sorry he was that McCoy and I didn't work out. I told him I would call Benson one day and gave him a hard time about not trusting me to keep the baby for an entire weekend. "You know, I helped raise my sister's kids and all of them survived. Well there was this one incident with the smallest one but it wasn't my fault." That got a cute look from him. "I was joking Elliot. Nothing happened other than normal childhood activites." I also let him know I would help out anyway I could with Dickie. Then he went all sweet on me. Hugged me, told me how much he loves me. I teared up, maybe he didn't notice. It was time to leave soon after that. We said our goodbyes and parted ways.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Admit it, you never had so much fun at one of these things. I heard they banned us from ever attending again.

Carolyn Barek said...

I heard they banned us from ever attending again.
Nice! I heard they may actually add a new rule in the policy manual.

Anonymous said...

...aawwweee...

Carolyn Barek said...

Riccie-- :)