Friday, August 04, 2006

Busy day

I had lunch with some old friends today. I hadn't seen them in quite a while so it was nice to spend some time with them. I got to pick where we ate so naturally I went for the $29 hamburger at that French place. They were paying so what did I care!? I'm joking, we went Italian. We got caught up on all the latest gossip like who was single again and why. We made plans to be better about keeping in touch, but that never goes as well as we hope.
Mike is coming over to eat tonight so we can talk about a few things. I'm cooking, real smart thing to do when it is so hot out. Good thing I got a good air conditioner! As always, I'll let you know how things go.
McCoy has been working almost non-stop so I haven't seen him this week. We have played phone tag a couple of times this week but other than that, no contact.
Eh, I may just nix the meal and get Irish Coffee and ice cream.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The $29.00 hamburger- You should try a "penny meat patty" instead. I'll tell you about that at another time. Glad you're getting to talk to Mike. Just try to keep him sober.

Carolyn Barek said...

Mike is more fun when he is not sober but since it was a serious situation he stayed sober while at my place.