Wednesday, June 14, 2006

To go or not to go?

That is the question...
You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. This is the message I got yesterday:

Hello, Detective Barek, this is Jack McCoy, we had coffee the other day. I wanted to let you know I enjoyed your company and that we should do it again sometime. I was thinking of stopping for a cup at lunch tomorrow, around 12:30. Hope to see you then.

So, like I said: To go or not to go?
He seems nice enough and he is a great lawyer. On the other hand I have heard stories about his, shall we say conquests...
I wonder if I need to call him back or just show up? If I don't call him back then I can chicken out at the last minute. I just don't know. Eh, it's only coffee, right? Okay I'm going...I think.

6 comments:

kacey said...

Oh, my friend. You have to go. [here's kacey, wishing it were her :( ]

Also, my compooper is acting up. Could you pass this along to my Favorite ADA and ask what he thinks about this?

Have Fun !!!
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060609075909990021&cid=936

Anonymous said...

GO.

By the way, I may be coming back to NY this weekend. I'll let you know!

Carolyn Barek said...

Oh Kacey, don't be jealous. Will it make you feel any better if I tell you that we discussed you over coffee? Thanks for the link, it was funny, I forwarded it on to Jack. I think he had to work late so not sure if he has had a chance to look at it.

Annabella-I do hope you'll be back soon!

Nomi said...

I agree with kacey and annabella. I say go. Enjoy, have a good time. God knows, you deserve to have some fun. And it is only coffee. If you find you're not comfortable in his company, you don't have to agree to any more rendezvous. But I think you'll have fun.

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks Nomi!

Carolyn Barek said...

Thanks Janice!