Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I enjoyed my day off Monday. It was very relaxing. I was surprised by the fact that Mike didn't call me several hundred times. As a matter of fact, nobody called me the entire day, it was weird. I thought maybe the entire universe knew I needed a quiet day and was obliging me. How very nice! Turns out, I had forgotten to turn all the phones back on. My dear charming partner had indeed tried to call me, several times that day. I had about 10 messages from him. Real important stuff too, you know like: "Hey Caro, where is that pen I let you borrow? It is my favorite one and I'm having trouble writing without it." or "Hey Caro, guess how many pencils I got to stick in the ceiling at once?" and the one he will regret making: "Um, Carolyn, you know that TAZ mug you used to have on your desk?"
Lucky for him he was kidding about that one.
It was a needed break and I went back refreshed and ready to work. Things were busy but not as overwhelming as they had been. I have promised myself not to let things get to me as bad or at least recognize when they are and stepping back for a while. I think that is about it for now.


PS: He didn't mess up my desk this time.

4 comments:

Nomi said...

LOL I'm glad to hear the big lug didn't mess up your desk this time.

But I'm even gladder that you had a restful day. Not turning the phones on ended up being providence, huh?
Wish I could do that at work sometimes... :/

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a relaxing day. I was a little worried about you when I heard you were taking R&R. And I haven't forgotten: sometime between working, waiting for baby, moving and remodeling, there may be a need for that home-cooked meal.

Carolyn Barek said...

Nomi-Thanks!
I would LOVE to do that at work sometime, but I'm afraid they would catch on after a while.

Elliot-Thanks! I appreciate the concern.
Just let me know when you have time for the meal and if there is any specific food you prefer.

Carolyn Barek said...

Janice-Mike is a babe? Ok, if you say so.
Thanks for all the kind things you said and hope you have a nice weekend too.