Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thanks

When I first woke up this morning I had no idea where I was. What a scary feeling. It only took a few minutes to wake up enough to remember though. "Oh yeah, I'm at Elliot's. He doesn't seem to be around." I avoided the mirror because I know I must've looked frightful. I came home and went back to bed for a few more hours. I just woke up again and couldn't figure out why my ears were ringing. Turns out it was the phone, I guess the machine got it because I sure didn't. Yes, I am a genius sometimes.
Okay, back to last night. Elliot made Irish Coffee, light on the coffee and heavy on everything else. Then he just sat there and listened while I went on and on about everything that was bothering me. I should rephrase that, he didn't JUST sit there and listen. He responded, comforted, and offered advice when needed. You know, he was pretty wonderful. I felt kind of bad because I know he has his own problems, but I couldn't help it, I had to let it out. Maybe he's right, and I will share things with the people I need to, eventually. So that is how the evening went. I'm trying to remember if I said anything that I shouldn't have. I sure hope not, THAT could be embarrassing.
Thanks Elliot; You are great.

PS: I'll buy you a box of Ding-dongs. It was really good by the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. Are you feeling any better? Don't worry about the Ding Dongs, already re-stocked.

Carolyn Barek said...

I am doing better, thanks to you. At least everything isn't bottled up inside me anymore. I'm taking the day off from work though. That should help even more.
You sure about the Ding Dongs? Can I at least buy you a meal one day? Or make you one? I can cook, I just don't do it very much anymore.

Carolyn Barek said...

Janice-I'm glad he was there for me too.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»