Wednesday, October 04, 2006

"If you get caught between the moon and New York City..."

Since Elliot and Amey are both threatening me I decided I better talk about my date.

Date: Saturday 9-30-06
Time: 7:30 PM Eastern
Place: A quaint little Italian restaurant
Planet: Earth

He picked me up, on time which was impressive. Not that anyone I know *cough* wouldn't be on time *cough* or would think I was supposed to meet them instead of them picking me up. *cough* *cough*
He opened the doors for me, pulled my chair out and complimented my dress. "A girl could get used to this kind of treatment." I believe a woman should be treated like the queen she is.
Note to self-Good answer.
I gave him my shy-flirty half grin. He gave me the smile with a wink.
We spent the next three hours catching up on the last ten years. He told me how difficult it was being single again and how much it hurt him when she left. I tried to be understanding but truth is since I've never been in a meaningful relationship for more than a couple of months, I really couldn't relate. I remember thinking I couldn't believe anyone would let this guy go. He is intelligent, attractive, and successful. I also wondered why I didn't marry him when I had the chance. Oh wait, he never asked me, that's why.
The food was wonderful and so was the company. The night seemed to pass by too quickly.
"I had a very nice time. Thank you." I did too and thank you.
We got to the door...he leaned in...Our eyes met...the perfect evening was about to be sealed with a kiss...I had to catch my breath...his lips touched mine...and I felt...NOTHING! No spark, no electricity, nothing. It was like kissing my brother.
I guess he felt, or rather didn't feel, the same thing because I haven't heard from him since that night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cough, cough.
Suck a Ricola, Barek.
I never claimed to be a "dating" expert.

Sorry the sparks didn't fly, but you will learn one day not to compare everyone to me.

You should have worn dress #2.

Yes, I'm done...maybe.

Carolyn Barek said...

Suck a Ricola, Barek.
I never claimed to be a "dating" expert.

Now why on earth would you think I was referring to you? HAHAHAHA

but you will learn one day not to compare everyone to me
Yeah, I'll try and refrain from that. *rolling my eyes* Ego-trip much?

You should have worn dress #2
Couldn't, someone who shall remain nameless begged for it and I had already delivered it to your, I mean, their house.

Yes, I'm done...maybe.

Oh surely you got more than this!?

Anonymous said...

You're good, you're very good. I bow to your greater sarcasm skills.

Carolyn Barek said...

I've been taking lessons. ;)

Ames said...

I'm sorry there were no sparks. But hey, you had a good time and a free meal, right? (J/K)

:-)