Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The days of my life...

Nevermore...
-Edgar Allan Poe

See, I read too!



Before I go any further, check out the link over there---------------->
This is a pretty fun game. Be sure you have your sound on because the skeleton will talk and he has a smart mouth.

I have been on a quest to visit all the museums in New York City. So far my favorite has been The Museum of Television and Radio. I have a lot of free time right now and I am making the most of every minute. Anyway, the point of all that drab was-I went to MoMA just to wander around. I've been there before but it has been years and the last time I went I was rushed. This time I was able to take my time and enjoy it. Of course with all this quietness I had way too much time to think which isn't always a good thing.
"I must be getting tired because that looks just like Elliot."
I haven't spent time with him in a while and I have missed allegedly flirting with him. I went to get a closer look. It really was him. He was lost in a photograph and I thought for a moment I shouldn't interrupt him since he may want to be alone. Decisions, decisions. I chose to take a chance. "Expanding your horizons, Stabler?" He must've recognized my voice because he didn't even turn around he just made a comment about his temporary partner. I feel bad for him. It must be tough for him trying to break in a new partner.
We finished looking at the exhibit and went for coffee. He said I could get chocolate but that he didn't eat it while he was working. That's weird. I understand not having Irish Coffee on duty, but chocolate? I had a sarcastic comment to make but I bit my tongue. As usual we talked about everything. I told him I would try to call Kathleen. I know he's worried about her and I am too.
He had to get back so we headed out. As we were parting ways he grabbed me around the waist and gave me a big, wet sloppy kiss. It took me a second to process what happened and react. I was torn as to how I should respond. Then I came to my senses and did the only thing I could do. I slapped him. "You big goof!" People were staring and we were laughing. He invited me to visit again and again I said I would. I know I won't go but it's easier than telling the truth.
I just remembered he ate most of my chocolate. Good thing he gave it up while on duty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing you. Most people just become mindless with desire when I kiss them, you, on the other hand, think too much. Thanks for the chocolate, it kept me awake while I listened to Dani whine the rest of the afternoon.

Carolyn Barek said...

Most people just become mindless with desire when I kiss them
We really should work on that low self-esteem of yours.

you, on the other hand, think too much
Keeps me out of trouble baby!

Anonymous said...

You could look at me crosseyed and I would be "mindless with desire!"

I rest my case.

Carolyn Barek said...

You're right, I should've ripped your clothes off there in front of the museum. THAT would've went well.

Anonymous said...

No-that would have been wrong in so many ways.